Sunday, January 6, 2008

Movie 2 of 2008: Kamikaze Girls



Just finished watching my 2nd movie of the new year and I have to say I enjoyed it much more than the first one. However, I'm really not sure how to explain the movie. LOL!!! I think that Japanese movies/shows/etc... are something one has to aquire a taste for as the Japanese have a tendency to create extremely weird and bizarre things. This movie started off completely weird and had a lot of oddities in it. There was a major story line in it about two completely opposite girls becoming friends and all, but I just loved the outfits and the weird stuff in the movie. LOL!!! I definitely am interested in rewatching it as there is a special mode on the DVD called "Sideways Mode" that supposedly gives an extra look into the Kamikaze Girls throughout the movie. It's just a really interesting film. For those that enjoy Japanese films and such, definitely check this one out. If you are someone who does not enjoy weird Japanese stuff, I don't recommend it because it is odd. I was laughing a lot during the movie though... especially the first half of it. Two thumbs up from me! :) Check out the trailer...








Now... off to try finish reading my first book of the New Year as I'm already falling behind on my 2 books a week goal... eep! I also need to get myself doing crunches tonight... that's an even more difficult goal to force myself into. Ugh!

No comments: