Sunday, December 7, 2008

Movie 40 of 2008: High Tension



Movie Description:

French college students, Marie and Alex, head to Alex's secluded farmhouse in hopes of studying for their exams without distractions. While settling in, a man breaks into the home and brutally murders Alex's family while Marie tries to hide herself from the killer. When the killer binds and kidnaps Alex, Marie follows him, attempting saving her friend and, along the way, running into some dangerous obstacles.

Movie Trailer:







My Opinion:

Intense movie!!! This movie had me sitting on the edge of my seat almost from the get-go. It has been a long time since I was able to stay focussed on a movie throughout almost the entire movie, but this movie did it. (It also managed to creep me out!!!) I was intent on finding out what was going to happen next and to see if the girls were going to be able to make an escape when it was all said and done. The movie really has you biting your nails up until like 10 minutes before the end... then things start winding down. The ending wasn't quite what I expected and I'm still not sure I'm thrilled with how it ended or can truly say I made sense of the ending, but... the movie itself was awesome just because it was SO suspenseful throughout. I definitely recommend it for those that enjoy a good horror flick.

No comments: