Friday, October 31, 2008

Movie 33 of 2008 (Special Halloween Marathon): Psycho



Movie Description:

Phoenix officeworker Marion Crane is fed up with the way life has treated her. She has to meet her lover Sam in lunch breaks and they cannot get married because Sam has to give most of his money away in alimony. One Friday Marion is trusted to bank $40,000 by her employer. Seeing the opportunity to take the money and start a new life, Marion leaves town and heads towards Sam's California store. Tired after the long drive and caught in a storm, she gets off the main highway and pulls into The Bates Motel. The motel is managed by a quiet young man called Norman who seems to be dominated by his mother.

Movie Trailer:



My Opinion:

Okay... Yes, I know it's sad that I'm just now seeing this movie for the first time in my life, but... it made for a great afternoon Halloween movie today. I had a very hectic month this month and decided to take today off to stay home and watch horror movies all day and just "veg out". So... since I am way behind on watching the "classic" horror movies, I asked a couple of my horror author friends for their top recommendations (Thanks John Everson & Nick Cato !!!) and this blog along with the next few you see pop up today and/or tomorrow will be movies they suggested to me. :)

Alrighty... as I said, PSYCHO was great for an afternoon Halloween flick. I had an idea what this movie was about based on stuff I had heard over the years, but I really had no idea what to expect at the end of the movie and I really liked the twist that came out of the story! Great Alfred Hitchcock flick!!!

No comments: