Friday, November 14, 2008

Movie 38 of 2008: You Don’t Mess With the Zohan



Movie Description:

You Don't Mess with the Zohan is a 2008 American comedy film, directed by Dennis Dugan and starring Adam Sandler. The film is about Zohan Dvir (Hebrew : זוהאן דביר), Israel's hero and their greatest counter-terrorism army commando who, after growing tired of his Israeli post-draft's standing service, fakes his own death in order to pursue his dream: becoming a hairstylist in New York City. The story was written by Sandler, Judd Apatow, and Robert Smigel. Sandler's production company, Happy Madison, produced the film, while it was distributed by Columbia Pictures. It was released on June 6, 2008.

Movie Trailer:



My Opinion:

I saw the trailer for this movie way back when at the theater... I think when I saw 21... and I laughed my ass off at it. I had really looked forward to seeing it and had high hopes for it, so... in finally getting to watch it, I was left a bit disappointed. It did have funny moments in it, but where I thought it started off really funny, I thought it kinda dwindled throughout the movie. I will admit to multi-tasking throughout the movie which I'm sure took away from the movie some, but I still don't think I would've found it all that fantastic. Oh well... definitely not Sandler's finest... though I don't think he'll ever out do his role in THE WEDDING SINGER.

No comments: